Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain disorder that is difficult to diagnose and harder to treat. As a neuroscientist and health coach with fibromyalgia, Dr. Ross has combined modern science with ancient plant wisdom to not only stop the pain but also heal emotional and physical trauma from the disorder.
Approximately 10 million patients in the United States have fibromyalgia, and 75-90% are women. While the cause of fibromyalgia is unknown, infections, physical or emotional trauma, and genetics appear to play a role in onset. Patients with lupus, osteoarthritis, and or rheumatoid arthritis are at higher risk of developing fibromyalgia.
Symptoms of fibromyalgia include:
- muscle pain and tenderness
- muscle spasms
- joint pain
- bone pain
- neurological pain
- pelvic pain
- sleep disturbances
- gastrointestinal issues
- cognitive issues including memory problems
Cannabis helps fibromyalgia by reducing neuropathic pain, pelvic pain, and other forms of pain. It reduces spasms, headaches, inflammation, anxiety, and stress that may trigger or worsen flares. It can improve mood and depression that often comes with having a painful chronic disease with no cure. Finally, cannabis may improve serotonin or other neurotransmitter imbalances in fibromyalgia.
There are 1000s of cannabis strains and CBD products that can improve the quality of life with fibromyalgia. If cannabis isn’t right for you, some people prefer microdosing magic mushrooms, while others prefer calming strains of kratom. Your plant medicine guide will go over the pros and cons of each plant medicine and help you decide which one is right for you.
The plant-based health revolution is here! I’m your guide to understanding cannabis, mushrooms, and other healing plants so you live a life free of pain.
- Every patient has the ability to become their own healer.
- Plant medicine can boost mood, improve sleep, and relieve pain when the right products and dosing is used.
- Plant medicine can help reduce drug and alcohol use.
- Not all plants are right for all people. Your safety is my number one concern and I check for drug interactions.
- Plant medicine should be safe, effective, affordable, and accessible to all.
I have developed over 15 online courses, published 4 books, and created content for numerous sites
I have consulted 1000s of patients around the globe on using cannabis & mushrooms for better health
I first published on cannabis & brain health in 2006 and received my Ph.D. in Neuroscience in 2008
I received my Executive MBA in May 2018, am a serial entrepreneur, and have consulted over 50
I answer your questions about CBD and cannabis, look for drug interactions, and provide dosing and strain suggestions.
I help you optimize your meals, detox, manage stress, and use plant medicine properly to finally get off pills.
I answer your questions about medicinal and psychedelic mushrooms and provide dosing and product suggestions.
- “Dr. Ross is so knowledgeable about the hottest topic right, CBD, and her passion for using it to heal people is amazing. Her energy, humor, and relatability are refreshing and inviting. The type of wisdom and warmth that you’d want if your health journey should include CBD.”
- “Dr. Ross will open your mind to so many new ideas about holistic health. WHY are we not taking care of ourselves as our instincts direct us? Well, the law has not been on the side of cannabis users for most of history. Now, things are changing and it’s up to us to reclaim our health.”
Fibro Women Blogs
Chronic Woman Blogs
Chronic Illness Blogs
Official Fibromyalgia Blogs